Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT/VX Smokers Pack (Ashtray and lighter)

97VTSS

VT/VX Smokers Pack (Ashtray and lighter)

I would like to bring your attention to a problem I had with the smokers pack. (VT/VX)
If you purchase one, CHECK IT FIRST OR GET IT CHECKED FOR THE CORRECT POLARITY OF THE SOCKET.( + and - are correct) The positive side should be the centre pin and the negative should be the shell or outer part.
I purchased one for my VT and found after blowing up a USB adaptor that the polarity was reversed. Check it first with a multimeter(Don't use a test light as these wont detect the polarity) or get an auto electrician to check it first.
It is not a hard job to fix. Just a matter of changing the wires around.
I can't stress this enough because it could start a fire and be costly if chargers or adaptors and the like are used.
It wont make a difference to the lighter plug its self because it is not polarity sensitive. In sence the lighter plug is only shorting across + and - to heat the element so it doesn't matter which way around the + and - are in that case.
I'm not saying they are all like this but it's worth checking. Even check the one already in your car just in case.