Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Some questions about the Statesman V6 cooling system

quigleywins

Reaction score
Members Ride
stateman
I had the warning light come on yesterday,after one or two minutes the temperature was back to normal. Things I noted ,with the hood up ,I noted only one fan in operation. I thought that this might be the problem. I then drove the car to operating temp this morning and when the fan started to opperate I swaped the relays both relays work the one operating fan. now what starts the second fan,is this the problem do the fans run at one speed with the second one on when more cooling is required or are they two speed and one fan is not working.
can some one help,engine is operating as normal, I did add a small amount of water to the cooling system.
The plug that connects the fan is in a hard to get at position and there seems to be a magic way to unplug it I'm yet to discover Yours Paul

vsl67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS l67 statesman
The second fan will come on when the air con is turned on I would just bleed the air out of the cooling system and top it up and see how it goes for the next couple of days

quigleywins

Reaction score
Members Ride
stateman
Ok

The second fan will come on when the air con is turned on I would just bleed the air out of the cooling system and top it up and see how it goes for the next couple of days

I have completed the above but with the air on the second fan was not working. I will keep an eye on the water and the gauges and maybe lift the hood on a warmer day till I catch that second fan runing. Thanks for your Imput

FXST01

The Grey Man
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 Exec
1st thing to do: Disconnect your second fan and run straight it from the battery to see if it works.

quigleywins

Reaction score
Members Ride
stateman
I have completed the above but with the air on the second fan was not working. I will keep an eye on the water and the gauges and maybe lift the hood on a warmer day till I catch that second fan runing. Thanks for your Imput
great idea but how thw hell do you get the plug apart