Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vs s3 motor, g-box, loom and ecu into vn

vy-calais

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy calais manual and a supercharged vn manual
i have recently put a vs s3 motor and gear box into my vn i kept all the vs loom and manual computer, everything has been going along great untill i ran into a little wiring issue, there is a plug under the dash that goes from the loom over the driver side of the car and the plugs are different and colours dont match, i cant find anything on the net to help me out so i was hoping i could find some help here on what wires to join and if someone has does that before???

cheers

5000vp

6speed8
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp berlina 92
hi mate, people are slack ey. did you get your conversion done? i am doing two similar conversion now. let me know how you went with it?

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
bit late for the OP but hopefully this helps you 500.

this is from a VR engine, trans and pcm i put into a VN, YB 62 is the connection in question, the VS loom i have here matches the VR loom i used so you want to change the the wiring so it matches this pic to suit the VN body side plug.

YB62A.jpg

you shouldn't have the purple or blue wire to worry about, that's the auto speedo and pwr/eco switch.

there will be 2 spare wires, red/black and white/black, these 2 are the aldl diagnostic mode and data wires, leave them out of the plug as the VN has no where for them to go and find an obdII plug to wire them into.

DLC.jpg

Last edited: