Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vk 308 can i use this harness

greasemonkey24

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s pac 3.8
can anyone tell me if i can use this harness to run my 308. im guessing all i need to do is tap the red, pink, and purple connecter end into ignition, run new alt wire and then tap others to fuel,oil,water correct???

i tried creating own harness via wiring diagrams and ended up with some fudged up thing that wouldnt even resemble a harness haha
IMG_20120928_201146.jpg
IMG_20120928_201141.jpg
IMG_20120928_201136.jpg

*uwishn*

Holden special vehicles
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl walkinshaw(replica)nissan navara d40 st-x turbo
looks like the one i put in my vl,is it from a vn?

greasemonkey24

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s pac 3.8
nah its weird i bought it with a second hand coil and dizzy from a hq 253 as i said weird.

pretty much tried re wiring my 308 as half was missing got all confused and messed up reading wiring diagrams so now i cant get her started.

i figured id use this harness ask some one with ALOT more intelligence than what i have (lol) and explain in dummy English if and how to use so i can bring her alive again. sorry but i have to laugh at myself here instead of being all ticked off and frustrated i spent about 20 hours messing up my head and ended up with nothing...

ps nice walkinshaw

*uwishn*

Holden special vehicles
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl walkinshaw(replica)nissan navara d40 st-x turbo
i take it your car is carby? some of my info won't work,though some of it will,and may help you!
are you from armadale? do you know any of the lansley's or mcudden's?

You will need: two 30amp 4 pin relays(one will be efi relay and second will be fuel pump relay,
Take in mind these relays have number on each pin 30,85,86 and 87.

Engine loom
There will be a black plug on the engine loom with orange,violet,green and a red wire. You can snip the plug off and wire up as follows(also has red with black trace a bit further down the loom which powers the ecu wire this to ign power)

Efi relay
Pin 30 red wire from engine loom and also wire from battery to pin 30 via a 30amp fuse, so there will be two wires on the one pin
Pin 85 (negative earth)
Pin 86 (ign on power)
Pin 87 (orange wire from engine loom)

Fuel pump relay
Pin 30 (battery power)
Pin 85 (negative earth)
Pin 86 (green with white trace)ALSO WITH THE VL PINK WIRE FROM FUSE BOX
Pin 87 wire from fuel pump to pin 87 along with violet wire so two wires on the one pin)

Now that you have done this there is a couple of plugs in the loom rite near the ecu.

Pink wire is anti theft this needs wiring to ing on power

Brown with white trace wire is engine check light, run your brown with white trace to a led light and then run the other pin on led light to ing power,
alternator has "l" and "s" on plug l goes to volt indicater on the dash and s is 12v power.

Use your test light and make sure your getting power at all the rite places…car should now start.

greasemonkey24

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s pac 3.8
thanks heaps i got her running but having little trouble with timing now lol. we almost got the perfect spot to have running then adjust with timing light but my battery carked it hahaha on charge now and looking at buying new one from servo just thinking if worth being ripped of by petrol station is worth it or wait a few hours for battery to charge

boostin01

Reaction score
Members Ride
a few holdens
why the downgrade in ignition? points are crap, your vk 308 should have elec ignition.

greasemonkey24

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s pac 3.8
it was only because the wiring and ignition was all up to s@#t. it was hot wired.

before i purchased it, it was sold to a gentleman via auctions and his son stole it from him thrn decided to hot wire it, fit some neon's, and wire up the ignition wiring using audio cables, so i wanted to go back to standard and then start fresh with the msd ignition kit i purchased.