Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

A fool needs to know an answer on how to wire a simple circuit

djdomohudson

Mad frogs
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega Sedan / VE International Sportwagon
Alright lets have a big laugh at my expense :)

When I bought my car it come with blue LED lights under the footwells and it was wired through a switch and had like 12 feet of extra wire. I stripped it all back and fed the wires through to the glove box and to the best of my memory I actually can't really remember how to wire it back together.

I have a power from the red wire behind the head unit to a switch. From the switch I have a wire to one light and then the returning wire... dunno where it goes and consequently I have no blue lights working in the footwell. I'm sure it needs to connect back to a negative somewhere but where?

juevamann

Reaction score
Members Ride
holden commodore
Any metal piece of chassis will do. Look for a screw attached to some metal, and stick it in there, or jam it between the glovebox lightbulb and socket.
Reverse the wires going to the LEDs if it still doesnt work, you might have it backwards.

djdomohudson

Mad frogs
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega Sedan / VE International Sportwagon
It is true, and I tested it with one of them circuit tester lamp things. I also realised that one of them doesn't work at all and the other is half broken. Like half of the LED's are out. So I ripped them out. Maybe I'll get a new pack one day and do them again but at least I'll know to negative it out on a piece of metal chassis.