Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

reversing camera problem

feelvenny

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Vx
Need some help..

I have installed a reversing camera on to my Pioneer avh8450bt head unit but the camera turns on or shows up video only when i touch it. . weird :| I'm not sure what to do.. Why is this happening. .

97VTSS

Not sure where you are going with this. Does the camera turn on when you touch the camera or the head unit??
As for video only. Thats what you get. You don't get sound unless you have a microphone.

FXST01

The Grey Man
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 Exec
Is the power to the camera coming from the reverse wire?

feelvenny

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Vx
Thanx for the reply guys.. :)

The video comes up only when i get out of the car and touch the CAMERA for some time :|

And yeah the wire is connected to reverse..

FXST01

The Grey Man
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 Exec
Does the camera move when touched? Wonder if a wire/connection is loose.

feelvenny

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Vx
Nahh maite everything is perfectly in place, nothing moves or loose.. Its same like when u touch ur tv antenna and ur signal boosts up, same like that..

FXST01

The Grey Man
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 Exec
Do you have the reverse wire connected to the reverse light wiring or to the Head Unit wiring?

97VTSS

It could be signal degredation. Meaning the wire you are using to the head unit is too small in diameter for the length you
are running (and you do have to run quite a bit of it) and you are getting signal loss from the camera to the monitor.
By touching it, you could be boosting the signal with the static electricity in your body. Try running a heavier wire and see what happens.
Sounds a bit rediculous doesn't it, but it can happen.

feelvenny

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Vx
It could be signal degredation. Meaning the wire you are using to the head unit is too small in diameter for the length you
are running (and you do have to run quite a bit of it) and you are getting signal loss from the camera to the monitor.
By touching it, you could be boosting the signal with the static electricity in your body. Try running a heavier wire and see what happens.
Sounds a bit rediculous doesn't it, but it can happen.

Yes it does but yeahh i will give it a try.. Thnx mate