Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Projector headlights vy

Ghost

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Commodore berlina Sedan 1996
So I've installed my new projector lights today but when I go to high beam my low beam switches off how do I correct this?

97VTSS

You don't, thats the way its wired. I have the same. If i remember correctly there is a relay that comes with the lights
that switches of the low beam when high beam is selected. You will find you don't need the lows when on high anyway.
I think it could have something to do with excessive heat build up or something, I could be wrong. Anyway, the projector low beam is a cut off beam which means the beams end abruptly. It is completely different to a standard headlight. I found it doesn't serve any purpose or make any difference if the low beam is on or not.
If thats the way they are designed, don't go altering them. You will probably stuff the lights and more than likely void the warranty.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ghost

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Lol I already stripped a couple of wires a little bit but nothing major ill see what the lights are like tonight

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
So I had a look at the one's on my 02 Monaro and they are 2 independent lights, low is the projector and high is the inner light near the parker.

Oh and they both come on when high beam is selected, hope this helps.

Last edited:

Ghost

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah the monaros are wired different ill have to go to an auto elec and have them bridge the wires

Ghost

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks your a legend ill get onto that the only other problem I came across tonight was when I had my low beam on it looked like i was only getting power to one side of my light from inside the cabin but on the out side both lights are working so ill have to do a little adjusting when I get around to doing the mod ill do a how to thread here so it's easier for other people

Ghost

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Problem solved in less than 5 minutes now my lights are sweet