Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Speedo question

weston

Holden VH V6 Commodore
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Commodore
Hey guys im in the middle of building a VH commodore with a VN S1 V6 in her, I have the motor and gear box along with the full front to back wiring looms. I was originally going to run the VN cluster to have plug and play dash cluster but had trouble in fitting it up so am going with the stock VH dash cluster. My question is that Markovr has informed me with the stuff I need to mod the VN box to the VH stock speedo but I have been checking in the furum just randomly and found a post (should of saved the post lol) where a guy says I can even unscrew the face of both VN and in his case VK from the speedos and put the VN mech from it onto the VH (VK in his case).
If I was to do this would this save me having to change or get anything for the speedo to be hooked up to the box or is it just a case of having to swap the mech from the back of each speedo then just join the corresponding wires from the VN dash loom I have in car any help guys as this may save having to sorce the parts Markovr was telling me about as money at moment is a little tight or should I just go the electronic to mechanical set up cheers

Here are a few pics from what this other bloke was doing with his speedo (VS motor conversion into VK) (ha ha looked back into my comp history to find the pics etc)
vs20vk20guage1.jpg

vs20vk20guage2.jpg

vs20vk20guage3.jpg

Last edited:

weston

Holden VH V6 Commodore
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Commodore
Bump bump bump

markovr

Reaction score