Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vx fuel pump blowing the fuse

jakey121

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 vx s-pac 5 spd
i have a vx S-PAC with a 5spd i was driving the other day the car just stopped i found the fuel pump fuse blown i changed the fuel pump and filter changed the fuse the car started fine got about 10 minuets down the road and the fuse blew again and keeps blowing them when i turn the car on i need some help im running out of ideas

axemurderer101

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VY SS
there is most likely a short in the wiring somewhere, you will have to have a good look at the wiring going to the fuel pump.

97VTSS

Yes, either that or maybe the electric motor in the pump is about to die and overloading the circuit.

PRAVX II S

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
Did this happen after you changed the fuel pump and filter?

PRAVX II S

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
I would recheck all your work you have done. Especially around the fuel tank. see if there is no wire being squashed or shorting to ground.
Its going to be a hassle but take the tank out again and recheck all the wiring and fuel pump.
This is because it was not happening before you changed the pump.

wamboin23

Donating Member w/ Boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais - Cooled L67 + T56 | VF SSV Ute
I would recheck all your work you have done. Especially around the fuel tank. see if there is no wire being squashed or shorting to ground.
Its going to be a hassle but take the tank out again and recheck all the wiring and fuel pump.
This is because it was not happening before you changed the pump.

read the first post.

blew the fuse, he replaced the pump, then it kept blowing the fuse.

OP, Google

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
i have a vx S-PAC with a 5spd i was driving the other day the car just stopped i found the fuel pump fuse blown i changed the fuel pump and filter changed the fuse the car started fine got about 10 minuets down the road and the fuse blew again and keeps blowing them when i turn the car on i need some help im running out of ideas

Try checking the fuel pump relay. Maybe some corrosion around it or the relay is faulty???? Dunno.

Clutchy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz wagon
Read the 5th post mate.

It blew a fuse with the old pump that's why he put a new pump in and it's still blowing the fuse so like wamboin23 has said the car had the issue b4 he changed the pump so it might be safe to say its not his doin.