Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden vx r8 sedan to vx commodore wagon power windows transfer

Aido

Reaction score
Members Ride
holden ve pushbike
hey guys i really need help i just bought a VX R8 clubsport for parts for my VX wagon

I removed the door from the r8 and connected it to the wagon, the window was already down. i made sure all fuses and relays were changed over aswell. when i operated the switch, it wouldnt go up and when i pushed down it just made a clicking sound everytime. so i connected it back to the r8 and sure enough it let me operate the window both up and down, so i put the window back up, thinking maybe the wagons computer is set to think the window is all the way up from the first time its on. reconnected the door back to the wagon and it went down but not back up, and just made a clicking sound again when opearted more down but made no sound when pushed up. is there some type of module or sensor or something i have to change? my wagon already had the wiring harness there for the window switches?

itsagixa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
Did your wagon have power windows in the rear?

Aido

Reaction score
Members Ride
holden ve pushbike
my wagon has manual windows and im trying to make all of them power windows

itsagixa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
could be an issue with the BCM, you car would most likely have the low level BCM, swap the BCM and PCM and see what happens