Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

aftermarket driving lights

RATTLEHEAD88

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive S2
need some info on splicing my driving light wires into my parklight wiring. so when i turn my parklights on, my driving lights will work with them. my car is a vs commodore.

Ghost

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Commodore berlina Sedan 1996
That's a bit stupid considering if your talking about spot lights in which case your better off wiring to high beam otherwise your going to have some fun with police

Ghost

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Commodore berlina Sedan 1996
You can either splice it at the harness and use a probe to determine which wire is the high beam positive and earth the lights to the body or you can splice the wire inside the highbeam globe cover but that may look a bit messy but if you have the dollars it wouldn't be much for an auto elec to wire them up for you

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
Try one of these.
You can either splice into the parker wire as shown or preferably into the high beam wire so you wont have trouble with the law.
If you use the first diagram, you can have them come on at "any" time even if your engine and lights are off.
I had this set up connected to my auxillary battery (1st diagram) on my 4x4 so I could have lights on at anytime and not have the trouble of a flat main battery
Just be carefull you don't forget they are on or you will get a flat battery, if you don't have an auxillary battery.

SCAN0002.jpg

SCAN0001.jpg

Last edited: