Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

i'm stuck

vr-sleeper

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr wagon
hey i'm just wondering my battery light on my vr stays on i've changed the alternator, all fuses , crank angle sensor , and i'm just hoping someone else has an idea cause sometimes it starts then sometimes it won't it will just tick when the battery is fully charged

please help thanks

aussie4life

Keep It Simple Stupid
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE International 3.0L
sounds like an earthing problem. check all engine and body earths. front of engine near water pump. and next to the battery

vr-sleeper

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr wagon
checked all those mate still the battery light is on its doing my head in

aussie4life

Keep It Simple Stupid
Reaction score
Members Ride
when your battery light is on is it constant or is it just while the car is running? if its just while the car is running, grab a multi-meter and check the voltage at the battery. if its below say 13.5 volts then it could be alternator/main heavy duty cable coming from the alternator to the battery. check that it hasnt burnt thru anywhere or that its connected properly. also check the resistance on the cable itself. if its high then its the cable. if the car isnt getting enough power from the alternator then the battery light will come on. basically the ecu/bcm has a volt meter in it that gauges the voltage and if it senses that its to low then it will illuminate the light.

aussie4life

Keep It Simple Stupid
Reaction score
Members Ride
Response from the op would be helpful right about now

VR38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E
His battery is probably flat now.

vr-sleeper

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr wagon
hey guys sorry i have'nt been on for awhile i fixed the problem a wire come off the positive terminal and it was touching a bolt that was draining power somehow but its all fixed thanks for all your help guys you were helpful