Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Engine fuse shorting when ignition turned on

VSEXEC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS EXECUTIVE
Hi all,
I just finished up my loom for my track car and now when i turn the ignition on it blows the engine fuse everytime. The only thing i have done to the loom is cut it and re soldered all the wires. Im sure every wire is correct and my earths are good so what could be causing the engine fuse to keep blowing. I dont know if this has anything to do with it but im not running a key just acc & ign on a switch. Thanks

maginoodle

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy series2 ss crewman
check your switch by disconnecting the output side of it, then turning it on. If it blows the fuse the switch is stuffed, if it doesnt you must have a short somewhere past the switch.

cheers Shane

VSEXEC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS EXECUTIVE
At the moment ive just been joining the ign wire and 12V together without the switch. I moved the whole loom to under the dash and cut all the wiring that goes to the heater box etc. Could this have something to do with it. I dont know where else there would be a short as everything has been soldered and heatwrapped other than that bit of loom i cutoff

VSEXEC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS EXECUTIVE
So i did some looking today and when I take the EFI relay out the fuse doesnt blow. Once its back in it blows. So obviously something in the wiring for the EFI relay? Although I cant see why as it hasnt been touched

VSEXEC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS EXECUTIVE
I'll give it a shot tomorrow, i was reading up on google saw some people saying it could be the fuel pump on the way out or oxy sensors, ill try a ll these things tomorrow and hope for the best

James7650

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs commodore
I'll give it a shot tomorrow, i was reading up on google saw some people saying it could be the fuel pump on the way out or oxy sensors, ill try a ll these things tomorrow and hope for the best
I know its been awhile but how’d you go what was the issue cause I’m currently having the same issue with my vs