Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help needed stalling and error code 73 vt 1999

chrisalchin

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt executive
Hey guys hoping someone can help me out, I recently had a car accident and wiped out our family car (2003 daewoo) and decided with the insurance money bought a 1999 vt sedan , pretty sure it's series 2.

Long story short, after I got back from the test drive, and purchased the car it began stalling when I was braking and coming to a stop.

Also I heard a faint whistling sound some times before it stalls but that may be unrelated.

Anyway I jumped to terminal block and the dash flashed the error code 73... Pressure control solliniod current.... I've never heard of this fault before, and could it actually cause stalling on deceleration?

Ck

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Error code 73 (PCS circuit fault) means there is either a fault with the pressure control solenoid inside the auto transmission, or theres a faulty connection with its electrical wiring or connectors.

Last edited:

chrisalchin

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt executive
Thanks but I kinda gathered that.... Could it cause stalling is what I'm keen to know... Like electrical stalling, switching off all electrical power for a split second...

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
No it shouldn't, when the fault code is active it will command full line pressure till its fixed.

chrisalchin

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt executive
So is it a big issue? Gear box seems fine and car runs really well, it just turns off everyonce and a while when decelerating....

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
it's obviously not good for the clutches running full line pressure all the time.

As for the cutout issue it could be as simple as a loose earth lead or crank angle sensor which is common issues, but you really need to check all bases.

chrisalchin

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt executive
Yeah I have already replaced the crank angle sensor last weekend. Ill get into it this weekend and look for loose wires. I'm sure it's an electrical fault somewhere, maybe idle control valve ? But no error code showed up for it. I'm at a complete loss. And I fear taking it to a mechanic, from past experience, they will tell me " this needs replacing and this" and it won't solve the problem, only cost me money

chrisalchin

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt executive
Nah I don't have a dataloging adaptor. Are they pricey?