Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HID Help Please!

Lamby22

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS

V SPEC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V
Is some cars the high and low beams are the one globe, duel filament. Just like how your brake light has two brightness modes. The same principle applies to these globes. These HIDs are not designed for a commodore and should not be fitted.
You need to fit separate globes for high and low. Your headlight should have written on it eg: H7, H9, ect what globes are required
Hope this helps.

Lamby22

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Cheers - although I have read on here people installing H4 (the VX commmodore low beam size) Hi/Lo HID conversion kits? Have all these people been doing it wrong? My only other question was people that have installed H4 Hi/Lo conversion kits was it still plug and play or was there extra wiring needed because of how different it is to a standard light.

If so thats easy enough and I will buy a H4 Single Beam conversion kit which I know is plug and play.

Nick

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)

Ghost

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Commodore berlina Sedan 1996
I have a set of them globes they are **** it's a single beam and when you go to high beam it moves the globe mechanically higher font get hids in reflector lens lights they are illegal

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Get some proper globes for a start not that HID garbage. If you have the VR still I suggest Philips Xtreme +100 globes. Proper Hi/Low beam.

Ghost

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Commodore berlina Sedan 1996
Was that post at me or him lol all his topics say vt my vr is waiting for me to scrap it its the vy all the way from now on and I have hids in it but projector lights and its set perfectly I can see everything and I don't blind other drivers