Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

crushed wiring harness

missclubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN ClubSport
Hiya.. replaced the power steer belt.. slipped n not only knuckled myself really well but crushed the wiring harness against the top L/H side of the water pump.. all ran fine before.. now... fuel pump doesnt prime, engine just keeps winding over... after inspection found one wire to be cut through... corrected this... other wires look crushed but integrity of plastic in tact. spoke to my old boss.. he recons it's the "crank angle sensor" been off the tools for about five yrs... i've drawn a real big blank... lil help? oh.. btw injector pulse is fine.. no fuel to the engine... battery is at full charge.. got over 1/4 tank of fuel.. its acting like a crank angle sensor but theres been no damage or previous issues with it.. pretty much would like a hand with checking wiring integrity and how to... not an auto lecko.. but would love to be right now.... thanks ppl.. i can supply pics if need be.

aussie4life

Keep It Simple Stupid
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE International 3.0L
no fuel could be the oil presssure sensor. its a failsafe that means that if the ecu doesnt detect oil for a certain amount of time it will shut off the engine. check this and get back to us

Reaction score
Members Ride
"89 HSV Enhanced SV20
Im pretty sure the crank angle sensor sends signals to the cam angle sensor and DFI so if the CAS wiring is stuffed it wont spark! I AM HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM AS WE SPEAK!!! Turn the ignition on and check the voltage at the CAS plug, that will tell you straight away if its the CAS wiring itself..