Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN power windows???

Liam_VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
1989 VN Commodore Executive Wagon
Hey there,

Anyone know how to installed power windows in an 89' exec wagon or 90' exec sedan? is it possible or.will I need to replace the whole loom? Not fussed about the rear ones atm.

Cheers

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
There's a sticky in the "How To"

purplegoaty

Reaction score
Members Ride
Series 1 VN Executive wagon
a big job but just change the whole loom. the berlina loom has 2 parts to it and you'll need both..the exec loom doesn't have the plugs for the 2nd window/central locking loom.i just spent the last 2 days doing the wiring in my 88 vN -5 speed-exec wagon..replaced the full wiring harness out my sons old vn berlina. it had the 4th plug for my series 3 calais cluster. i now have elec mirrors, central locking on all 4 doors and 4 power windows. all working great including the auto aerial..only thing i noticed is that when i put her into reverse the "press remote" light shows up on the dash. not sure if this is to do with the fact that the wiring is out of an auto or the cluster diffuser is the wrong one.all other lights show up where they're supposed to be..hope this helps..