Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Intermittent starting problem vs 5.0L statesman

Relax98

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Berlina
I have been having problems starting on either LPG or petrol, it seems to happen if it doesn't start first or second crank then I will have the issue. I have cleaned and tightened the engine earths, cleaned the contact pins on the ignition module. When the problem occurs on LPG, it will start run for 5 seconds then stop. The lights on the fuel selector switch go out and when this happens It will always stop. When this happens I can switch to petrol and it won't fire at all, but does run fine any other time. There is a relay cut into the loom near a connector plug near the master cylinder using a red wire. I think it is having this problem because it is not getting a signal to say engine is running so it cuts out the fuel or gas depending on what it selected. This happened the other day and after swapping a couple of the relays around and disconnecting the battery for 30sec's, it came good. Coincidence, or loose connection below relays? I can't get the CEL to come on to check for a fault code, the only thing that happens when I bridge 5 and 6 is the thermo fan comes on and no light, the globe is ok. Any help on this would be appreciated! I just bought the car looks like I may have taken on someone else's issues but it will be a good car when I get it sorted!