Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

hey im new here and doing a Rb30 conversion and auto in my vk 202 efi

Not-202

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk commodore 3ltr
hey guys as it says in the title im new here and i own a 1984 early Vk Efi 202 Non calais and im planing on doing drag racing and burnout comps at the Local Drag strip and going turbo later so i have burght a wrote of vl pritty much and grabign everything i need + new seats as better then mine + a few odds and ends to fix the vk as it was sold to a long time friend at a wrecking yard got he vk all orig for $1000 ( love the vks not a fan on vls or anything or ricer) but for the ease of power and turbo and for $350 for the lot i aint gonna kick it back as i was mainly after the borgwarner and atm i've all my loom out as gonna put the vl loom in to go with the Vl dash and etc etc and i've seen the Vl head light plug is diffrent and what i'm planing on doing is makeing an addpator plug useing a old vk loom and useing the bit of the vl head light and solderign and heat tubeing it the engien and gear box part of the conversion isnt the isue looks pritty easy just the loom and dash atm i have a few questions about as gonna make a few brackets up to add to the vk support bar behind the dash will upload some pics hopeforly tomorrow is there anything elise i needa know / help make it a sorta a cheap conversion and easy atm i've spent $ 170 on the lot as me n the guy * we are like best mates* made a deal so now i can get rid of the 202 and trimatic and still get a bit of $$ to spend on the vk for new paint job once conversion is done as im 16 now :) Cheers Josh :driving: :rip:

Last edited:

Scrusy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL wagon
Is there a question? Or...?

Ian Johnston

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Subaru Forester, XR6 turbo ute.
School holidays, you gotta love it. Speaking of school, I suggest you stop skipping the English classes this year.

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
Sound like you are going to have a lot of fun with this project and I hope you do well with it.

But your description of your project was a bit hard to read, because of the lack of punctuation and spelling.
Please don't take offence at this, because explaing things in text to other people is a lot harder than in person.
If you have questions about your project, post them in the appropriate section of the forum as you will get a better response.

Ask all the questions you want, keep us updated with your project and don't forget to post some photos. Good luck.