Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Elec prob alarm blows lotsa fuses! NEEDS HELP!

kazzaexcel

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 Statesman
Hi, lately my 95 VS v8 Stato has been playing up on me... It keeps blowing fuses and I can't find where or why it's doing it... At first it started with I'd get out lock it, nearly get to the shop and the alarms goes off..? I go back to it unlock it re-lock it it go off again, well it been doing that a few weeks so to save embarrassment I'd just leave it unlocked in some places :/ but then it started doing other stuff, I'd come back to the blinkers flashing, no horn going, check the fuses the horn fuse under bonnet blown, changed that a few times got sick of changing it so left it blown, locked it next time then come back to it blinking, could disarm the alarm but no door locks pop, have to get in with the key, change the door lock fuse, and it had also done the power window/radio fuse too... Argh!! Change all them, and try again... Some days it be fine, other days it just be a *****!! Someone said it might be the BCM, then others suggest it's just a short somewhere? But where do I start?? Took it to an auto elec mate, he said its probly the horn buggered, causing all this to happen, changed the horn over yesterday, all good it works now, BUT, now the headlights stay on, the switch inside is off? Switching the light switch inside does nothing, it blew one of the headlight fuses under the bonnet (r/h or l/h) so replaced it only to blow another straight away...but the headlights still stay on? (Maybe there hooked up to the same one?)(also I never had any probs with the lights before changing the horn) and only putting one horn on it, Could this be happening because their something to do with the ALARM?? So anyways ended up leaving the lights fuse out just so it don't drain the battery..? This is doing my head in.. Any help would be great..?! :/

aussie4life

Keep It Simple Stupid
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE International 3.0L
try swapping your relays over for your headlights. if they have never been changed before they have a bad habit of sticking on the contacts. check these and let us know how you go. also im not to sure but someone may be able to tell you, are the headlights positively or negative switched?