Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Infection problem Hilux conversion

99hihulk

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hilux commodore v6
Hey guys I'm new to the forum and am looking for some much needed help I'm not sure if this falls under a commodore section but I just figured someone who knows what their talking about could help
I've just about finished my conversion on my Hilux with a vt series 2 ecotec engine Im having fuel problems tho I've bought a second hand fuel pump a old commodore external pump and it seems to be pumping fuel to the engine however the car turns over but disnt continue to idle or even start only when ethanol is sprayed through the air intake it 'fires up' does anyone have some idea why the injectors are not throwing in fuel or is it another related problem with the computer etc....?

axemurderer101

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VY SS
disconnect on an injector and turn the ignition on, then get a testlight and see if you are getting power to one of the plug pins.
if you have power there get a noid light and plug it into plug and crank the engine, the light should flash if you are getting injector pulse

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
When you did the conversion did you use a matching ECU and BCM? These engines need the BCM to be linked to the ECU or they won't start.

axemurderer101

Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
VY SS
When you did the conversion did you use a matching ECU and BCM? These engines need the BCM to be linked to the ECU or they won't start.

you dont need the bcm if you get the VATS removed from the ecu, if he hasnt then it wont start and wont have injector pulse.

99hihulk

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hilux commodore v6
you dont need the bcm if you get the VATS removed from the ecu, if he hasnt then it wont start and wont have injector pulse.

What is VATS ?

I've sent the 'memcal' to marks 4wd Adaptors who do the conversion kit and apparently they re program it.

These parts that I need can I get them from sprints or ...?
Really appreciate the help guys need more info keep it. Coming haha :)

axemurderer101

Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
VY SS
VATS is just the security stuff which should of been removed when you sent away the memcal.
You dont need a bcm for the motor aslong as.the ecu gets wired up properly.

Did you do any of the wiring yourself or did you get someone to do it for you?

99hihulk

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hilux commodore v6
VATS is just the security stuff which should of been removed when you sent away the memcal.
You dont need a bcm for the motor aslong as.the ecu gets wired up properly.

Did you do any of the wiring yourself or did you get someone to do it for you?

I did most of the wiring but I then got to my knowledge limit and sent it to a friend who is a mechanic and now he keeps saying that the only way he an get it started is by using a vn loom and computer but I just can't think that their must be a way to get the vx engine working without swapping things ! HELP ANYONE IN SA IF TEY THINK THEY CAN GET IT STARTED I WILL PAY $$