Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Indicators please help

Vs hsv manta

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs hsv manta
Ok vs commodore !!! The indicators won't work at all nothin on dash no lights no clicks neither will the hazards the fuse is no. 14 and it is fine it also does the windscreen wipers they work fine !!! The flasher relay does not get 12 volts to it I had 2 short wires and connected from relay to its holders the earth and the indicator wires and ran a direct 12 volt supply to the relay and that works so its the power supply to the flasher relay !!! But where does this come from its a blue wire with white strip and goes onto a bundle of wires and dissapears ???

Vs hsv manta

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs hsv manta
So does no one on here know where the power supply to the flasher relay comes from ???

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Change your hazard light switch. The power for the indicators goes through that.

Vs hsv manta

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs hsv manta
Thank u soooo soooo sooo much that makes sence and u know what it probley doesn't need changing its probley not plugged in properly cus I changed that about 2 years ago but I have had it in an out few times lately as I have modified that part of the dash

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
There ya go. So did it fix it?

Vs hsv manta

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs hsv manta
I haven't had a chance to try yet as iv been doin huge days at work and its a 100000 degrees here in mackay at the moment but i might get out there soon and see if it fixes it thanks ad ill let u know if it does !!!

Vs hsv manta

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs hsv manta
Just had a look and the hazard light switch was all plugged in properly ,unplugged it and made sure but still no indicators and no hazards !!! Anyone got another idea or could tell me the path of power to the indicators I have power at the fuse where does it go from there ??? No I don't want to just loop the power from there to the flasher relay I know I can but I won't it fixed properly that's a last resort !!!

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
How about the indicator stalk itself? The connections get dirty and worn on that too.

Did you check to see if you have power at the hazard switch?

Vs hsv manta

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs hsv manta
It not the stalk cus I made two wires and connected from flash relay to the socket it goes into then got direct power to flasher relay and indicators work fine !!! I didn't check power at the hazards cus I don't know witch wires are the power supply in and out

aussie4life

Keep It Simple Stupid
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE International 3.0L
Heres the deal. use your keyhead to lock and unlock the car. Do your lights flash? next, replace your switch, dont just fiddle. if it has a broken circuit inside the switch, then you generally wont see it from the outside. have you recently had the dash appart? if so check to see that you have the correct connector to the right switch. the rear demister and the hazard switch use the same connector. the hazard switch harness is the one with more wires in it. last but not least make sure that your flasher relay is indeed working.