Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ls1 + th400 into vn using t56 engine loom.

boostin01

Reaction score
Members Ride
a few holdens
I picked up a plug and play ls1 + t56 to vn loom the other day (apparently made up by ultimateconversionwiring.com.au) at a price i couldn't refuse, however, i plan to run a th400 so what do i do about the 3 t5/6 plugs (maybe theses only 2 and 1 goes somewhere else, i dunno) ?

i assume the 3 being:

plug 1) reverse lights - i assume this can be left out as on vn's reverse is activated by the shifter? or am i wrong?

plug 2) vehicle speed sensor - vn speedsendor screws into where the th400 speedo drive is so ta[ into that? i have differend diff gears so need to run a jaycar speedo correction kit, so i assume i hook the vss plug up after the kit and before the speedo? (keep reading below r.e. my theory lol)

plug 3) reverse inhibitor lockout? not sure what this does or is for? designed to tell the pcm not to start the engine if the t5/6 box shifter is in the reverse position? so in my case, would be hooked up to the b&m shifter i plan to run?

also, On the custom loom, theres an aftermarket, white (almost clear) plug that comes off the loom near the pcm plugs that has 2 wires coming off it...

1 wire goes to the red pcm plug, pin 50 (which is for vehicle speed out)
the other wire goes to the vss plug mentioned above that plugs into the t5/6 box, so am i assuming that this mistery plug is for the pcm to read the speed sensor, and send the signal back up to the speedo on the cluster, therefor the the pcm can do the same job as the jaycar speedo recallibration kit, making the jaycar kit unnecessary?

I could be totally wrong with all the above stuff, and im sure most people would just pay someone to set the loom up correctly, but it doesnt seem that difficult, considering both the t56 manual box and th400 has sfa electrics.

Thanks.