Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vs Commodore S1, Immobiliser not working yet still able to start car.

krazekyle

Reaction score
Members Ride
85 Vk SL V8
Hi Guys,

My Vs commodore ute s1 1995ish wont start. I spoke to a few ppl over beers and they said its usually the key fob's battery that goes flat, So I got a new replacement key from Mister Minit $90(they copied the old keys code)

I tried the new key, but nothing. You put the key in, turn it all the way to ON, all the lights light-up, but in the START position, nothing. I hooked the multimeter across the start relay coil, upon the START position only 3.7v is applied to the coil??!! :/

But here is where it gets even more head scratchie..... If I turn the key to the ON position(without the key contact touching the immobiliser ring-Hence no deactivation of immobiliser) and I manually apply 12v to the starter solenoid. The engine will crank and then run!!! It runs without the immobiliser!!.....What the? :hmmm:

Does this mean the immobiliser only prevents the starter relay from activating, and a quick cheap fix would be to bypass the immobiliser and running a single wire from the START position to the start relay?? I would have thought it would be a little harder than that.

Thanks for any info