Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

flashing warning lights on vx dash

arpee62

Reaction score
Members Ride
vxII lumina wagon
Just recently the warning lights on my dash (2001 vx lumina) would start flashing for maybe 5 - 10 seconds,
a few of the the warning lights ( the dash lights that come on when you turn the ignition on ) would flash, and the service reminder would also flash, similar to when you turn the ignition.

I've had a de-coder put on it, no errors relating to ignition or modules

The car doesn't loose power or cut out, when the lights stop flashing, all is back to normal.

The problem is intermittent, it does it when it is cold, does it when it warm, does it 5mins after starting the car, does it after driving for 20 or 30 mins, sometimes does it twice, either straight after the first time, or 20mins later, or it doesnt do it at all, irrespective of how long I've been driving for.

I've had the battery checked by two independant retailers, one said that I need a new battery, the other one also did a load test, said battery was ok, even under load. battery has 470CCA, test showed 370CCA,
the guy said maybe battery might just need a recharge, but I didn't need a new battery.

Any suggestions or asistance appreciated.

arpee62

Reaction score
Members Ride
vxII lumina wagon
problem solved, new battery and s/h alternator