Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX poping fuse after about 10min of driving

supercharger kingy

NUCKIN FUTS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE L98 Calais
was driving to a mates place tonight with my parkers on and then my dash lights went out and i lost my tail lights after about 10min of driving not straight away.. head lights still worked... pulled over checked fuse 10amp fuse was blown so replaced with a spare that was in the holder and been driving it for an hr and hasnt done it since.......

i had a blown tail light globe and replaced it with a 5w like the opposite side yesterday..... since the fuse poped today i took the other side out just in case (vx berlina garnish tail light globes )...

question is could there be a fault in the wiring or can a fuse just blow cause of heat or old age for un known reason ??? or does there have to be a short in the circuit to cause it to pop ??????

was strange.. only happened after driving it for a while not on start up...

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
the faulty tail light globe could have caused the fuse to blow

supercharger kingy

NUCKIN FUTS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE L98 Calais
i replaced it with a NEW globe same wattage as other side and it poped ..... seeing i took both taillight globes out went for a fang nothing happened. im now sure there must be a short in the GARNISH somewhere...

CONROD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS THUNDER 6.0l 6 Sp
Do you have a trailer plug fitted ? Good chance its either bottomed out and the wiring is in a mess -earthing out,intermittedly touching, or the plug is full of **** and when its wet its shorting out.Just a long shot maybe its the cause:blah blah:

supercharger kingy

NUCKIN FUTS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE L98 Calais
nah dont have a trailer plug..... i have kept the brake lights out of the garnish all day today and seeing today in Sydney is headlight weather it hasn't poped at all..

i think there might be a short in the garnish wiring loom ...

supercharger kingy

NUCKIN FUTS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE L98 Calais
cheers for the idea tho ... i like your thinking :idea: