Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

06 vz wagon gas conversion wiring

decrepit

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz wagon
It's a factory fitted gas conversion, late 2006.

while on petrol with gas conversion hooked up, my 06 vz wagon, has a very small signal to #3 petrol injector, which fails to fire.

If the gas conversion wiring to the petrol injectors is disconnected and the original plug connected straight into the manifold socket, it works fine.

I suspected the gas computer, but just to be sure I've checked continuity in the gas conversion wiring from petrol injectors back to gas computer, with some strange results.
I was expecting 6 direct connections between both plug and socket to the plugs into the gas computer. Checked the plug first and only found 5 direct connections, I then checked the socket still expecting 6, the extra one revealing the faulty connection on the plug. BUT!!! I could only find 4 direct connections.
So has anybody got a wiring diagram of the gas conversion?
I'm especially looking for the pin numbering of plugs and sockets between gas converter and the petrol injectors.

Anu theories as to what's actually happening would also be appreciated.

decrepit

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz wagon
OK, nice people at Impco have emailed me the wiring diagrams, and now I've fixed it, in case anybody is searching for a similar fault, here's how I did it.

The cause of my initial confusion about only 4 direct connections, is the plug J1B which is hidden, I assume at the bottom of the box, it's got the connections for cylinders 5 & 6 in it.

So between pin 53 on J1A and 4 of the emulator plug I had a varying resistance in the k ohms. Finally found the emulators hidden behind the air cleaner!

The problem was a poorly soldered joint on the wire coming from pin 53 to the printed cct board in the emulator, just had to resolder and away it went!

At first glance I thought the coils in the emulators were relays, but now I'm sure they're just chokes, "emulating" the inductance of the injector coils. The computer must be monitoring the back emf from them or something.

Last edited: