Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Commodore ute engine conversion first start issues.

Torana350

Reaction score
Members Ride
LH Torana / R32 GTR
Hi Guys,

The story can be complicated so I will stick to the facts.

I bought a VS ute shell which ended up being a VG ute with a VS front end. So I was told it has a VS sIII harness in it. I was lucky to score a VS ute wreck with the VT roller motor and Getrag 5 speed. Now I have fitted the motor and box into the donor car. I have had numeros issues because it is a frankenstein bloody hybrid. It is a VG chasis so it wouldnt take the VS steering column but its a VS front end so it wouldnt take a VN Radiator ect...

But I digress - this is about electrical wiring. I cant find any wiring diagrams or any useful information. Can someone please tell me or screen shot a wiring diagram for the 2 clips which marry the chasis harness and engine harness together near the booster? For whatever reason 1 of the harness and the engine clips didnt fit. I dont know if the other one is correct but they clipped in... I have cliped them together to match but the last 2 main orange wires and the pink and red wires are a ??? Are the others wired correctly? Unsure if it is correct but one of the orange wires is an earth the other a positive. I beleive it is for injector pulse and fuel pump?
IMAG1029.jpg

I have had numerous issues with BCMs melting no crank - no fuel pump, now I have a new bcm, crank, spark but no fuel pump and im guessing no injector pulse. It won't F#@$###@#$@#@@#ING start!

Can someone please throw out some ideas as to why? I have tried everything. And the more I try trial and error with the clips the more I melt bcms!

The BCM is from another ute now the others where wrong. So its hard because I dont know which one is correct! what number and if it should be low or medium. When it melts it literally has a puff of smoke come out and it stinks.

I am in Morley area Perth and am willing to pay someone to come look at it Friday the 1st or March afternoon as it is due to be painted Saturday morning.

Thanks in advance guys. This is supposed to help me raise money to finish my Torana off. Facebook Grimace!

Dave