Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Adventra engine swap

Maitland

Reaction score
Members Ride
Adventra
I have a 06 adventra v6 I was changing the engine in .my original engine was a 10h7nh061290252 , when the wrecker delivered my new engine it was a 10h7AH043420476, they assured the engine was the same, although it was from a 2wd commodore as there was no diff in the sump, there was a belt less on the main pulley and the alternator and air con compressor were on different sides .the wrecker agreed to swap all engine parts to suit .
Well 6 weeks later the engine is in and running but it isn't charging !there was no such prob before , we have changed alternators 3 times, my mechanic gave up, the wrecker took the car to fix it, they have tried numerous mechanics and auto electricians but no good. It is putting up 11.4volts but still flattens the battery.we are all stumped!
We are using our old loom.they said the changed ecu's but the engine wouldn't run at all !
I paid for an adventra engine and I didn't get one,I was never told it was a different engine, can anybody help??
Could there be a slight change in the sensors or plugs in the second engine that could be causing this prob?
Does anyone know are these engine changeable?
Are they of similar HP?
I need help badly!!!

Last edited: