Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS ALDL port not working.

imrhoss

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 VS Statesman, 2013 VE II SV6 Thunder Ute.
Hi guys, recently bought a 96 vs statesman. I have an aldl scan tool which I purchased from eBay. I have previously used this tool on my Wh statesman and VX Calais. It worked flawlessly. I can't get it to communicate with my VS. it won't connect to the ECU. I've tried the paper clip method. Car throws code 12 which means its fine. Tested pin 16 and I am grtting 12v on it. I don't know what's wrong. It works perfectly on my other cars. I am using the right definition files for vs that I obtained from delcohacking website. I've also noticed that when I plug it into the vs, the power steering makes a noise and the steering is very very light. Not sure what's going on.

Any help would be appreciated.

If sex sells, then I'm for sale baby.

VSEXEC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS EXECUTIVE
Are you trying to use EFIlive with a cable? If you are you need to load your definition file vs v6 gmh-vs6.xml then click on the start ALDL button and it should connect. I had this problem when i got the cable but not sure if its what your talking about. Hope it helps if you are

imrhoss

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thank you so much for your reply, I needed any input, dying to get this working. I'm not using efilive, I'm using tuner pro rt, I am using the correct definition file for vs, it just won't connect. If I load the definition file for vx and plug it into my Calais, it fires up right away. I'm stumped. I know the correct drivers are installed, and the cable is functioning correctly. Might try it on a mates vs. until then Im stuffed.

If sex sells, then I'm for sale baby.

imrhoss

Reaction score
Members Ride
bump... any ideas?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2