Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vn hid troubles

JJ08

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 vn s pack
Hi every 1 the other day I installed some 10k hid's and some times when I start the car the left hand side light flashes and the stereo buzzes but when the car warms up(or hits a bump) every thing is fine ive checked all connections and my left hand ballast is making a buzzing noise is there any thing I can try to keep my hid's and would any one know how running two lights of a single ballast would go because I want my h3 lights hid aswell

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
One light for one ballast only. It wont handle two.
How loud is the buzz. Can you here it over the engine noise?
They will buzz, especially if you haven't used them for a while, but then should quiet down fairly quickly to a slight hum.
Your ballast may be faulty.
Re check the wiring for arcing, as they run a fairly high voltage from the ballast and can arc out very easily if there is a poor connection.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Sounds like ebay super cheap super crap setup. Get some proper globes instead of that 10k stuff and go from there.

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
HA HA HA......
Here we go again, another HID bitch fight is gunna start again. :)

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Na it's his car just stating the easiest option. 10k is purple so I fail to see how that is good for light output.

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
I had 10k low beam in mine once and they were a light blue. Not a bad light actually as they were in a projector.

JJ08

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 vn s pack
One light for one ballast only. It wont handle two.
How loud is the buzz. Can you here it over the engine noise?
They will buzz, especially if you haven't used them for a while, but then should quiet down fairly quickly to a slight hum.
Your ballast may be faulty.
Re check the wiring for arcing, as they run a fairly high voltage from the ballast and can arc out very easily if there is a poor connection.

Thanx For your help the buzz has gone and stereo is working properly but know I have no passenger light is only works when it wants to now so I'll have a look tomorrowAnd my 10k are a bright white