Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Electric Window Switch Problem - VY

Nic92

Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Members Ride
2005 Mitsubishi Evolution 9
Hey

My electric window switch is playing up (The drivers side). I need to apply heaps of pressure on the switch or the window doesn't go down . I dont think its the regulator because that goes up and down fine, I wouldn't want it to be anyway, gots Dynamat over the door.

I could check to see if there is a signal/power going to the drivers side while I press the switch down but I am unsure of the wiring colours?

Does anyone know?

Thanks
Nic

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
There is obviously power to the window because it does work.
I would be relacing the switch. It seems that if you have to apply alot of pressure on it, it's faulty.

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
have u or the previous owner spilt coke or some sorter drink in the switch? i see this alot, the coke may have gone hard and sticky so some silicon spray or wd 40 will help if thats the case 2 free the switch inside up.

Nic92

Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Members Ride
2005 Mitsubishi Evolution 9
have u or the previous owner spilt coke or some sorter drink in the switch? i see this alot, the coke may have gone hard and sticky so some silicon spray or wd 40 will help if thats the case 2 free the switch inside up.

I havn't and not sure, il just spray it anyway and come back with the results.

Thanks