Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY engine into VS series 3 Statesman

luxsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
statesman vs series 3
Not long ago I bought a 1999 series 3 VS statesman. Its got a supercharged V6 that I want to fit to my 1991 Hilux. The stato is a really nice car so don't want to discard it. So I bought a VY commodore that had severe front end damage that is unrepairable. The engine is undamaged.
I want to fit the VY motor to the Stato and am wondering about the compatibility of the BCM and ECU.
Can I just plug the ecu from the VY into the Stato plugs, utilising the Statos BCM.
Obviously the BCM in the Stato will have to stay to control all Stato bodily functions.
I think I will use all the engine harness from VY to ECU, in the Stato. Well actually I will have to.
I will remove the engine, engine harness, and supercharged ECU from stato for fitment in Hilux.

I'm wondering if the wiring looms in the naturally aspirated V6, that was available in the Stato is the same as the wiring loom in the supercharged model, Obviously the engine loom would be different, but is the wiring between BCM and ECU the same. I'm hoping they are.

Can anyone fore see any problems I'm going to run up against,or confirm wiring sameness.