Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

remote operation of hard lid

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
ok have added auto release using button inside glovebox to open hardlid (have single lock version) used solenoid from vz sedan, boot button, found pinout for button release activation, hooked all up and works perfectly (used relay to operate solenoid wasn't sure of bcm relay current rating) so bcm output sidnal to relay and all good.
what I want to do now is have it remote opening from key fob (so open lid or doors) the remote for utes is 2 button so no boot feature, is it possible to have a 3 button sedan style key programmed/reprogrammed to suit the vz ute so the boot function is utilised for opening the hard lid.
new lids now have this feature, can it be retrofitted to a older model, when you push the boot/hardlid open button in glovebox a warning symbol (looks like a lock/padlock open)flash's on the dash:help:

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
nothing solid. But you will need to find out if the BCM is similar to the sedan or wagon and has a seperate output for the boot/hatch. If it does, then I would say yes but I'm sure would need to be activated by Holden.

Best of luck.

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
thanks Tasmaniak, was heading in that direction, have to see whether it is high, mid, low bcm, had to put the pin into the plug that fitted to bcm for button to work solenoid but beforhand when just the button fitted and pushed (no other wiring etc) the bcm would click (hear relay) and a symbol on dash saying boot open (padlock open symbol) would flash

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Now I don't know this for sure, but I was under the impression that the lock/unlock worked the doors and the hardlid lock...

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Sounds like you need the Maloo system.

Has the remote release in the glove box, and the third button on the key also releases the hard lid.

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
Imoengnr thats what I am trying to put together (vz ute) have installed release in glovebox now trying to sort it out with third button on key (only have 2 button key at present)

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
update on this, the bcm is a mid level so it supports the remote unlock of the boot (hardlid for me) need new 3 button key(just use old blade though) programmed to car (if remote feature is not active in BCM needs to be done) holdens can do, just got to check out if other places -ultratune, other mechanical places can activate with the right gear, it may be cheaper than holdens, so all up the cost including new key/programming/wiring install etc probably about $150-170