Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wiring Electronic brake controller in a VZ Adventra

smokeybear

Reaction score
The workplace of your elected representative.
Members Ride
VZ Adventra
I am about to install a Tekonsha P3 Electronic Brake Controller for towing our camper trailer. Although other threads have said the Adventra doesn't have wiring to the dash for an EBC, when I started to look at how I would run a cable down to the 7pin plug at the back to connect the trailer brakes to the EBC. I undid the 7pin plug and noticed it already has a blue wire connected for the trailer brakes.

Does anyone know where this wire terminates, I tried to follow it but was very hard to see where it goes or if it just terminates in one of the connectors behind the rear bumper?

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Most trailer plugs have the blue wire already wired into the plug and it will just finish wherever the rest are connected.

I have this exact controller for our camper trailer and I wired up two cars to take it. I have a plug on it, so I can just unplug it from one car and plug it into the other.

smokeybear

Reaction score
The workplace of your elected representative.
Members Ride
VZ Adventra
I figured that might be the case, I borrowed a cable tracker to find the blue wire but it gave really undefined beeps, I think it may have been confused by lots of stuff being earthed to the body.

In the end it wasn't too hard running my own cables, I just need to hook the trailer up and do the brake setup before our next trip.