Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Not Commodore Related but tworth a try anyway Its About A Rav4

A.C.COOKIE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive 93
Hi all this is not related to the holdens but worth asking anyway as there are some very knowledgeable people on here.
A friend of mine was driving down the highway in her rav4 (I believe late 90's maybe if luck early 2000's) and it started
running rough as guts so they pulled over and let it rest it started back up but still rough as so they drove it on a trailer.

Now after they got it back home it fired up still rough but now wont fire at all, there's fuel getting through the injectors are
firing the plugs are good the leads are good there power to and from the coils and the only code that it is throwing out is to do
with the oxy sensor on the exhaust.
Now when the plugs are in the engine it wont fire but when the plugs are out and resting on the body they give a real strong
real good spark, but and here's the kicker it wont spark all the time.

To start off with a blast of start ya bastard would get it to fire but now it wont do anything. The injectors are still pulsing
the fuel is still getting through but now it wont run at all. Has anyone got any ideas without using a match and fuel
and does anyone maybe know anyone else who has had this problem before?

Now I understand the oxy sensor being faulty will make it run rough as but doesn't explain the intermittent firing
Any help would be appreciated as this is her work car
And once again sorry its not holden related