Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

too many wires

madieno1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ COMMODORE
Hi all,
I have a vz commodore 2006 that WILL not start kick over does nothing flashes red lock sign and odometer thats all. there is for some reason extra wiring power pack harness's one on each side of headlights as gas headlights are installed. and i am pretty sure the original parkers have been cut. Its a little messy in there this was my brothers car but he passed away about 3 months ago so cant ask the little turd what hes done. is there a standard wiring system for the VZ that i could look at to maybe connect all back to somewhat normal. I think maybe this has shorted something and car wont kick over at all. Any ideas ?

Muke

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 MY08
This is a bit of a wild guess, hopefully someone that actually knows can correct me or continue the thought.

The security light is on. So I'm guessing it has an immobilizer in the VZ. Has anything happened to the key? I once upon a time ran over a Honda key with a forklift. Key looked fine apart from a few scratches on the plastic, but absolutely nothing happened when I tried to go home. Key turned no worries, but wouldn't attempt to start. I can't remember if the accessories came on or not, sorry. Luckily the spare key worked fine, so if you have one give that a go. Unfortunately it's an expensive thing to just replace the key in the hope that works if there is no spare, so I hope someone smart can offer more advice.

Just thought. Fuses. Check your fuses first, that's cheap and a possible culprit too. Then relays. (yep still guessing, but there's some ideas). Good luck.

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
BCM.
or key as suggested. Gas headlights? do you mean HiD's???

Is there power to the key barrel? this will need a multimeter. Any other dodgy wiring in vehicle?