Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Traction control Ss ute

Vxr2010

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ss ute , cv8 monaro
Hi don't know if any one can advise please , I have a 2003 Ss ute manual , due to the lovely uk weather snow rain and more rain , is it possible and how easy to fit TC , I can't see any wiring in the switch area of the dash , I know why it wasn't fitted , I rarely carry any weight in it , thanks for any replies in advance

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Firstly welcome to the forum, nice to see more overseas members.
None of the VU-VZ utes had traction control fitted so if you were to fit it, it would have to be adapted from a wagon or sedan. Doubt it will be an easy process either way though.

xhiler8r

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS & VY SS Ute
sandman i thought it was the other way all utes had it fitted but they just never had the button installed to turn it off or on correct me if i am wrong cause i want mine removed so i can play more

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
I can tell you for sure that my VZ certainly doesn't have it after having 'Jingu' tyres on my old wheels for the past fortnight with Melbournes weather....

SS-REX

Reaction score
Members Ride
03-VY-SS-UTE
Utes do have traction control it's your right foot or whatever you press the accelerator pedal. But if traction is your issue maybe some sticky tyres nice dig.