Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Weird Electrical Things Happening

NissanSilvia

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
  • Headlights will randomly turn on and stay on for a period of time when car is off and lights are in auto position.
  • Interior lights around electric window switches and gearstick will sometimes light up, sometimes not.
  • Wipers sometimes work perfectly, sometimes sound like they are under pressure, like the wiper motor is about to die but wiper motor was replaced a few months ago.
  • Will start but sounds like it has a very weak battery, although battery is only a few months old.
  • Sometimes the automatic transmission will clunk between gears but if you turn the car off and on again, it works perfectly and smoothly.

In relation to the Automatic Transmission problem, I took it to an Auto Trans shop and they could not find anything wrong with the transmission and were puzzled by the fact that it was an intermittent problem. Someone told me that by the sounds of it, it sounds like a bad earth?

Anybody have any ideas?

It is a 06 VE V6 with 430,000kms on it.

VY Rossi

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY SS 5.7L M6
How old is the battery? I'd replace it if it's a few years old as VE's do weird things with old batteries