Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vy fog light switch

jonny6guns

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS MALLOO UTE,HSV ENHANCED 5 LITRE
I have vy commodore ,It has fog lights fitted but they weren't plugged in when I bought it.i have plugged them into the existing plugs but discovered the switch has no pull out knob or icon of fog light on switch.im guessing they have just put the fog lights in to fill holes.....my question is if I replace switch to a fog light capable one will it work or do I need to do any rewiring

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
So you have found the wiring behind the lights and plugged them in....yes? That means the loom should be there for them.
And what I gather, the switch is a dummy...yes?

If so pull out the dummy switch and see if there is a plug there. If so, get a switch and you should be set to go.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
So you have found the wiring behind the lights and plugged them in....yes? That means the loom should be there for them.
And what I gather, the switch is a dummy...yes?

If so pull out the dummy switch and see if there is a plug there. If so, get a switch and you should be set to go.

its a vy, so the foglight switch is actually part of the headlight switch.

if the wirings there, one would assume it needs a foglight equipped headlight switch, possibly a fuse and the relay installed in the fusebox

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
Oh yeah....VY...D'OH.
Anyway, as hakhawk said ^^.