Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vu

Matty14

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vu ute 5speed 3.8L
I got a vu sports bar from a mate cause he didn't want it, it cam with a light but I didn't know it was a light so I removed the 2circles on each end and removed the screws, there was a cord, "sweet" but it only has 2 wires and my brake lights have 3wires, I have it connected but it only works with the lights not the brakes so how can I fix this problem?

rory

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF SV6 & 2006 Nissan Patrol ST
I got a vu sports bar from a mate cause he didn't want it, it cam with a light but I didn't know it was a light so I removed the 2circles on each end and removed the screws, there was a cord, "sweet" but it only has 2 wires and my brake lights have 3wires, I have it connected but it only works with the lights not the brakes so how can I fix this problem?

Hook it up to the brake circuit not the park lights?

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Turn ur parkers on, and it will be the other wire with no power in the tail loom, use a multimeter to check power

rory

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF SV6 & 2006 Nissan Patrol ST
How and where is the brake circuit

You said that you have 3 wires going to your tail lights, one will be your ground, one will be positive for your parkers and one will be positive for your brakes, just take off the wire you hooked up that comes on with lights and wire it up to the other so it comes on with the brakes instead.