Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

wh Statesman indicator and curb light problem

jasonshortis

Reaction score
Members Ride
wh statesman 5.7
hi all,I have a problem with indicators and curb turning lights.A while ago I replaced my indicator stalk because it didn,t cancel turning left.Not long after that I noticed that the curb turning lights were not working anymore,I didn,t worry about it too much at the time but a while later when I indicated left or right it would flash the high beams as it cancelled.Thinking I had a faulty indicator stork,I replaced it again.This time every time the indicators cancelled the high beams stayed on,I exchanged switches at holden but the problem remained until I put pressure on the switch body where it slides into the column mount using 2 cable tie ends.This stopped the high beam issue but the curb lights still don,t work.If I earth each curb light they light up.I pulled the indicator switch out again and noticed that where the curved plug goes onto the switch I have an extra 3 female terminals with wires in my wiring loom but the switch has no male terminals that go into them,the switch has 3 slots in the plastic body that would line up if they had terminals though.I have tried to find out from holden if statesman switches are different to commodores with cruise but they can,t tell me because the series 1 switch has been deleted,bursons doesn,t have a different listing although the bloke that served me recalls hearing that they might be different.Can anyone help me with this?Do I have the wrong indicator stork or do I have a body control module issue?Thanks every one,Jason

jasonstatesman

Reaction score
Members Ride
wh statesman mafless tune
hi man

i have just gone through the exact same problem, i pretty much pulled my entire wiring loom to bits to find out what was wrong, then i read your thread and it all clicked, you are right !!!

when you buy an after market one it works but it is missing the lower three pins which make the curb lights activate.
i had the same problem with the indicators not canceling so i brought an after market one and the same thing a little later i noticed the curb lights weren't working, i have another stateo so i pulled the original stalk of that and plugged it in to my other stateo and B A M !! they worked again !
so much stuffing around only to find out it was such a simple thing ...
i will never get that day back

i hope this has helped and you haven't pulled ya hair out like i did. lol
op5zp.jpg

jasonshortis

Reaction score
Members Ride
wh statesman 5.7
hi Jason,thanks so much for working this out.what a pain in the ass this problem has been,thanks for the photos.now all I have to do is find the right one.