Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

done engine conversion now car wont start

vlturbsk1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl wagon
i just recently bought a rb30 motor for my vl and when i purchased it from the previous owner it ran perfectaly.
now what the problem is i cant get fuel to squirt out of the injectors the only time i got them to squirt is when i ran power straight from the batery to the injectors, just to see if they were working ok and they did.
everything electrical that i tested is ok such as the injector leads, they have a pulse when tested with a test light but only problem is they had no ground which im guessing is the problem but how can that be fixed? new loom?
also my efi really and all other fuses are ok
extra info-
efi really and all other fuses are ok
full tank of petrol and yes it does prime
has spark
timing is correct

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Why not run a new ground to the injectors? Yours is obviously disconnected somewhere, the ground is connected directly to ground on these and sent a 12v pulse from the computer. A new loom would be a waste of time.

Just a new negative rail running along with the rest of the wiring to a neaby earth will fix the problem.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
ooh. ****. Dunno mate. Its not common to see a negative pulse. Judging by what he is saying then no. But I certainly don't know for sure yes or no. In which case, disregard my last comment until you know for sure.