Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Commodore Antenna Box with Midi in?

dmarks92

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Executive Limited Edition
I replaced the antenna in my 96 VS Exec because it was snapped off and when replacing it, I noticed that the antenna was routed through a small box behind the glovebox that had two antenna ports on one side and a Midi in and another port on the other side. I traced the midi cable to the boot where it was cut off. I'm guessing this went to the old CD stacker that was in there. So i removed the cable and sent the antenna directly into the back of the head unit. The box now has nothing going into it except for a wiring plug that I can't trace due to it being duct taped to what I guess is the wiring for the FL door speaker. I'm not overly great with electronics so I don't really have any idea what the box is connected to. I'm just wondering if anyone on here knows what it's connected to and whether I can just remove it safely. It's rattling around and starting to get annoying. I've pulled out a lot of the unused cables that had just been cut (a couple of old Nokia hands free devices). Any ideas would be helpful. If you want any other specs just let me know, guessing it's not really model specific though.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Your car had a fm modulated cd stacker added to it. Yes its safe to remove just make sure there is no bare wires left in the car. Fair chanve the wiring is connected to a three wire plug behind the glovebox that has power designed for accessories.

dmarks92

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Executive Limited Edition
Was thinking it was a FM modulator. Yeah, it was wrapped and taped to that three wire plug. Also traced some other wires into the other side of the dash that were all tangled and just cut with wire hanging out loosely. Was great haha. Cheers for the help man