Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help with head lights

Matty14

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vu ute 5speed 3.8L
Well I got HID H4 normal not thinking that my low bean headlights work with high bean too and they only have 2 prongs not 3 so I was wondering if there's away around it or I take them back and get H4 low/high

Matty14

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vu ute 5speed 3.8L
Do you know much about HIDs as in does the car have to be running for them to work or do both HIDs have to be connected for them to work cause I plugged one in and it didn't work?

Nic92

Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Members Ride
2005 Mitsubishi Evolution 9
Connect to power + and - then that goes into the ballast and then the ballast converts the voltage into AC then it geos into the globe and it ignites the gas.

First test it on your battery then connect up to lights, some times you need to swap the polarity for it to work depends how the head lights are setup.

Matty14

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vu ute 5speed 3.8L
Cheers
Is there a way to test if the HID globe is broken because I tried both the H1s on a battery and only one works and they were both wired the same way?

Nic92

Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Members Ride
2005 Mitsubishi Evolution 9
umm, did you try it with both ballasts? usually the ballast goes because with HID's compared to halogen bulbs with filaments. HID's have Xenon gas which lasts forever. Unlike halogens where a filament can wear out/break. Where did you buy them from?