Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

please, tell me this.

Greggles_VS

The Noob
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6 Ecotec
Now I've been studying my automotive mechanics cert 2. I believe I am 1000% correct but just want more people to prove my mate HE IS WRONG! He warned me, when I was undoing his battery clamp to make sure I didn't touch the negative terminal as I would short out his battery. Now I told him, that its just earthing out and wont affect it, however he claims (and I think he is thinking of maths) that 2 negatives will make a positive, thus shorting out his battery), how many people wanna agree so I can show him haha

Jonah 101

Undefined
Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 Skyline
I think he needs to read some more books lol always undo the negative first.

FYI, Positive on first when reconnecting the battery

oska

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx custom 600RR
Now I've been studying my automotive mechanics cert 2. I believe I am 1000% correct but just want more people to prove my mate HE IS WRONG! He warned me, when I was undoing his battery clamp

always disconnect the negative first

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Either ya mate is playing silly buggers with ya, or simply doesnt know.

Muke

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 MY08
Your talking about the battery hold down clamp, not the terminal clamps yeah? So he's worried about the spanner shorting the negative terminal to the clamp (or body in other words). Show him where the wire goes from the - terminal and ask him how that's different to what the wire does. Then tell him to do the work on his car himself if he doesn't trust you. :) But I would watch out for the positive terminal, might get a nice spark and crap yourself hitting that and creating a short circuit (if it doesn't have a cover on it).

Big-Al

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 5.7 M6
Your mate is incorrect. You dont want to touch the positive terminal when undoing the battery hold down clamp if the terminals are still connected for some reason... The metal parts of the body of the car are earthed to the neutral terminal.

Does your mate also believe that 1 + 1 = a window?

VR38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E
Reminds me of my cousin when we were kids, I used to chase him up and down the driveway with jumper leads, he firmly believed that the leads themselves carried the required energy to shock him.