Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HELP NEEDED VX Clubsport wont start!!!

DanVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
99 VS Ute
Ive got a VX R8 Clubsport manual that was puchased as a wreck for a conversion, id like to get it running to make sure the engine and box are ok before i proceed.
It doesnt have a key so i sent the ecu away to have VATS removed, the ignition barrel and switch was busted (probably been stolen) so i fitted a secondhand ign switch and it still wont go, is getting fuel, can hear injectors working but no spark.
It will turn over on the starter 3 times then stop, also i noticed a little "x" on the left hand lcd display on the dash??
Id really appreciate any info to get this thing running, thanks in advance

nitrowarrior

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 Vt GTS Build 78
The x on the dash is because the instrument cluster is not programmed to that vehicle, usual climate control turned on in a non climate control vehicle.
Need to be turned off with a scantool while calibrating dash to vehicle.

I am not really familiar with an ECU that has VATS removed, The security system is mainly run off BCM and Keyreader(SlipRing) and Key Head.

Does the little red light on the mode switch stop blinking when you turn the ignition with your key.....If it keeps blinking then that's your problem passive immobilizer is on, keyhead is not reading (for what ever reason) and car wont start...

ECU needs to be linked with the BCM most of the time, as I said I am not familiar with the vats removed ECU.

Hope this helps

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
..... what's with the thread digs

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
The x on the dash is because the instrument cluster is not programmed to that vehicle, usual climate control turned on in a non climate control vehicle.
Need to be turned off with a scantool while calibrating dash to vehicle.

I am not really familiar with an ECU that has VATS removed, The security system is mainly run off BCM and Keyreader(SlipRing) and Key Head.

Does the little red light on the mode switch stop blinking when you turn the ignition with your key.....If it keeps blinking then that's your problem passive immobilizer is on, keyhead is not reading (for what ever reason) and car wont start...

ECU needs to be linked with the BCM most of the time, as I said I am not familiar with the vats removed ECU.

Hope this helps

not entirely correct - the X can also indicate a fault. When my ABS module went the X would often display, had nothing to do with the cluster but the computer was confused.