Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vr wagon wont start HEEEELLLLPPPP

swaggon

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr clubsport wagon
iv just recently bough a vr clubby wagon and taken the original engine out and put a 355 in it with a t56. used the manual engine loom and ecu that has come with the engine and got it all in and plugged up....there as only one plug diference and its the black plug that plus in near ur fuse box. bought a connection kit and wired it up to how it was but on the manual harness it has 6 wires and on the auto it only has five being the left over wire is a pink one which I believe may be for the oil pressure switch???? anyway that's the only wire off and ive gone to start but ont turn over... relays click has power to everything on the car but wont do anything?? any ideas on where to start without forking out a fortune on an auto sparky :( cheers

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
If it won't turn over forget your conversion wiring. Check the voltage at the startermotor, is it tight? is it connected?... the wiring to make it crank is very simple. Check to make sure the ignition barrel is working properly. Not sure if they have a starter relay... Don't forget that the relay click when you turn to start position may in fact be an accessories relay turning off. When you move to the start position, the ignition barrel turns off the accessories circuit for that moment.

swaggon

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr clubsport wagon
all connections are tight i bridged out the starter relay and starts wen power is on which i think is telling me its an auto/park switch that i need to bridge havent yet found out wat wires i need to join though but i think there near my shifter??? also my speedo sometimes fluctuates with my rev guage but seems to be working ok now...few gremlins living in the ecu i think haha