Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

can I do this?

Greggles_VS

The Noob
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6 Ecotec
I've recently purchased a few bits off eBay, they all need to be plugged into a cigarette lighter plug, now I don't wanna rewire power and plugs all through the car, am I able to strip back one of my cigarette lighter plugs and piggy back more onto it? That way I only need to plug 1 plug in or will this overload it? I want them all running at once so not worried about switches etc

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
sure its possible, but you could overload it also... how about giving us an idea of what you want to run? that way we can figure a ball park of what it can carry? As a side note, there are the units that have like four inputs and the output plug is about a metre long or so. This would achieve a similar result and definetly carry the load.

Greggles_VS

The Noob
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6 Ecotec
I don't have output ratings but would be for a 90x25cm equalizer led, 4x48cm neon led strips around door trims, 2x48cm and 1x1.2m neon led strips for the boot and 2x24cm led neon strips for next to the head unit. Maybe more but all I can think of for now

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
It's all starting to add up mate... thats 10 things plus more potentially. It's not so much the load but the quantity wrapped around two little wires. Think it might be time to start looking at doing it properly.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
it will be fine with what U have

SK8NIT/XTRMSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs s1 executive / vs s2 Ss
I run all my gauges and tako off myn and just run a bigger fuze and its all fine never had a problem with doing it this way
y2a8unep.jpg

Never late in a 3.8
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greggles_VS

The Noob
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6 Ecotec
Well how many lights etc are hooked onto the center roof light? Was thinking of doing 2 30cm strips over front doors on the moulding, and 3 48cm ones over the back doors. Figured wouldn't be too much extra load

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
No, it'll be fine just don't go crazy.

Don't replace a fuse with a bigger one that what it's rated for. Thats silly talk.

Greggles_VS

The Noob
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6 Ecotec
Yer that's cool, otherwise I'm looking at setting up a relay and switches for the main leds