Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VIM Rework

fjdriver

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
ve commodore
I am trying to find a wiring diagram on how to modify the engine wiring on a VE Series 1 v6 to fit the VIM rework plug holden part number 92202396 (I think). This to bypass the signal amplifier in the wiring loom. I think holden has a techline document that explains this modification and would appreciate it if anybody has a copy of this document I could have. Any help would be appreciated.

carcollector

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Caprice, VZ SS Crewman, ZB Calais V,VE CalaisV
I have a copy of it somewhere. PM me an email address and I'll scan it and send it. The part number is correct. Around $60 from memory, which is a ripoff for a plug and a looped wire, but it works. You also need to relocate a wire on the ECU plug.Took me about an hour, taking my time. The hardest part was getting to the VIM module, which is at the lower back of the inlet manifold. If you need to replace plugs (which means removal of the intake), do them at the same time.

Cheers,

David

fjdriver

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
ve commodore
David,

Thank you for your response, sorry I haven't replied just checked the site today didn't realise I had a response. the reason being that I took the car to holden and it turn out to be just a computer update that was need, no wiring modification required and it seems to have worked fine.

Sorry about the delay and thank you for your reply.

Colin

I have a copy of it somewhere. PM me an email address and I'll scan it and send it. The part number is correct. Around $60 from memory, which is a ripoff for a plug and a looped wire, but it works. You also need to relocate a wire on the ECU plug.Took me about an hour, taking my time. The hardest part was getting to the VIM module, which is at the lower back of the inlet manifold. If you need to replace plugs (which means removal of the intake), do them at the same time.

Cheers,

David